Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting back up to speed

Hi Everyone,

I know - a long time has passed since I posted last. I've decided to resurrect my blog in order to highlight some of my favorite causes and events. Here are some topics that I'm sure will pop up.

Seer Farms Animal Sanctuary - http://www.seerfarms.org/ Seer farms is a truly unique concept founded by my good friend Laura Pople. The fundamental goal of the program is to keep families together - both the human ones and the furry/scaled/feathered ones. You'll hear lots more about them as we gear up our new fundraising program.

Equality/Diversity - Whether it is LGBTI * rights, gender rights, disability awareness, anti-bullying...everyone has the right to be who and what they are and without persecution ...what's that sentence on our Declaration of Independence?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."

Blood Donations -
Do you ever think about what would happen if you needed blood in an emergency and there was none available for you? I do, mostly because it is the generosity of blood donors that has been keeping me alive. Guess what - NJ is having a shortage of blood. So, I am encouraging everyone to donate (I would if I could). I'm also starting the process of organizing a blood drive. Details to come.

Enough for the moment. I'm off to organize something.

*LGBTI = Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered, Intersexed - sometimes a Q is included for either the term Queer or Questioning.

No comments: