Friday, January 21, 2011

Did it again - and this time I need your help

Hey Everyone,

I did it again - bit off more than I can chew. I have volunteered to organize a blood drive. (I really should never be allowed to get bored.)

Seriously, NJ is facing a blood shortage - and not a minor one. Winter storms and colds cause cancellations of donation appointments leading to increased strain on a system that is already falling short of meeting our needs. More can be read about this at http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2011/01/new_jersey_facing_severe_and_c.html (I would embed the video, but I don't remember how to do this...will have to work on that.)

We count on the blood to be there when we need it. Most of us don't even think about it, but what happens if we run out? The thought is terrifying for people like me that rely on the generosity of donors to keep us alive.

So, I volunteered to try an help correct this. So, how can you help (beyond donating blood)? I need people to help me pre-register donors. I need help spreading the word.

The first step falls to me - finding a location. It's going to be about two months out. So, anyone that could give me a hand....

No comments: